Impounded and Rescued Animals
If you have lost your animal, or believe Council has your animal and you would like to be reunited, please contact Council as soon as possible.
Council's Breeder Identification Number is BIN0000006741266.
Impoundment holding periods
- Unregistered animals are held for a maximum period of three (3) days.
- Registered animals are held for a maximum period of five (5) days.
- Animals that are not released/collected within these timeframes may be disposed of by Council. Rescue fees cover some of the costs associated with Council rescuing your animal and attempting to reunite you with your animal.
- To release your animal, it must be microchipped and registered, and payment must be received by Council.
- If you wish to enquire about adopting an animal please contact Council. Please note that fees apply.
For all impounded livestock enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Council. Current fees and charges and requirements for release of livestock will be advised to the owner upon contact with Council.
Impounded Other Animals