Economic Recovery Subgroup
The Economic Recovery Subgroup will focus on the economic and financial recovery of the bushfire affected areas, as well as individuals.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Directing individuals to appropriate support agencies such as
- Employment services
- Income support services
- Insurance agencies (where the economic recovery subgroup can also assist with submitting claims)
- Assistance accessing subsidies and loans
- Supporting regional businesses throughout the recommencement of trade and reconstruction
- Stimulating economic growth within the region
- Supporting businesses and individuals through the peripheral effects of loss of trade.
The Economic Recovery Subgroup is chaired by Angela O'Mara.
Those seeking to contact the Economic Recovery Subgroup can do so by contacting Council on 1300 697 372 or by visiting the Recovery Hub.
Economic Recovery Fact Sheets and Information