Environmental Recovery Subgroup
The Environmental Recovery Subgroup will focus on the recovery of natural and constructed environments and the associated public health and safety requirements.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Assessing and controlling any further impact on natural resources, flora, and fauna
- Rehabilitation of affected environments, flora, and fauna
- Introducing mitigation strategies to reduce impacts to environments, flora, and fauna during possible future events
- Monitoring potential hazards and pollutants and managing collection and disposal of associated materials.
- Monitoring and promoting healthy and hygienic housing of humans and animals
The Environmental Recovery Subgroup is chaired by Craig Magnussen, co-chaired by Darryl Brooks.
Those seeking to contact the Environmental Recovery Subgroup can do so by contacting council on 1300 697 372 or by visiting the Recovery Hub.
Asbestos Disposal Notice
Environmental Recovery Fact Sheets and Information