From Global to Local - Information of Interest
- Threatened Species Strategy 2021 - 2031
The new Threatened Species Strategy 2021 - 2031 sets the Australian Government's forward plan for action to protect and recover Australia's threatened plants, animals and ecological communities. The new Strategy will be underpinned by consecutive 5-year Action Plans. These will be published as addendums to the Strategy. The first is to be released in the second half of 2021. Each plan will identify the priority species and places, specific actions and targets to measure progress. Click here to download the strategy and to find out more.
- Biosecurity Website
The Australian Government has launched a new national biosecurity website on the 28th June 2021 as a first stop for all biosecurity information. It brings together biosecurity resources from government, industries and non-government agencies. The website is a quick and easy way for the public to find answers to their biosecurity questions. Use the website to access advice, information for reporting, managing biosecurity risks and educational resources. Click here to visit the website.
- The Long Paddock is a Queensland Government initiative providing climate, pasture, rainfall and decision support tools to support land management decision making and planning.
- The Department of Environment and Sciences (DES) developed a comprehensive set of high resolution climate change projections for Queensland to underpin the Queensland Climate Adaptation Strategy
- Access to the data to support climate adaptation plans is available through the online platform Queensland Future Climate Dashboard which summarises information of 11 state-of-the-art climate models with regional scale simulations until the end of the current century.
The Queensland Fire and Biodiversity Consortium (QBFC) is devoted to providing a coordinated response and best-practice recommendations for fire management, fire ecology and the conservation of biodiversity in the state of Queensland through education, community engagement and applied research.
- PestSmart provides best practice information on how to plan, manage and improve pest animal control programs in Australia. Popular toolkits include management options for wild dogs, feral pigs, european rabbits and foxes.
- The Centre for Invasive Species Solutions has launched a new podcast series talking all things 'feral animal and weeds' innovation. Towards a Feral Free Future is hosted by former ABC Landline journalist Prue Adams and has 11 episodes filled with interviews with more than 20 expert researchers and personalities from across the country. Available in most streaming apps.