Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is developing a strategy to create a sustainable future that enhances our natural environment and benefits residents, visitors and industries. We want you to help shape and support our future generations.
Four focus areas have been identified:
||Building economic resilience
We want to understand your priorities and capture to your ideas. A Discussion Paper has been prepared which summarises preliminary thoughts regarding what should be included in the Strategy. We are interested in what you think the Strategy should focus on and what actions should be implemented. To help stimulate community discussion, priority actions and targets have been identified for each focus area. The Discussion Paper can be downloaded here (PDF 638.7KB).
Have your say
The first round of community consultation will run from 5th February 2021 until 4th March 2021. We wish to hear from you and encourage residents, visitors and businesses to participate. Key questions to consider include:
- Do these focus areas address your priorities to support improved environmental outcomes for the region?
- Do you agree on these priority actions? What other actions should the community or Council consider?
- Will these targets help drive the environmental outcomes we want to achieve?
To provide feedback please:
- complete the online survey here - it should take between 15-20 minutes
- Email your thoughts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Council and chat with the Sustainability Officer on: 1300 697 372
Your responses will be used to shape the strategy - to inform the content and to prioritise the actions. It is anticipated that the draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy will be available for further feedback in March/April 2021 before going to Council for endorsement.
This is an opportunity to help leave a legacy and enable the Southern Downs to have a sustainable future for people to visit, to live and invest.
Register your interest
If you would like to receive information via email on Council's Sustainability programs and initiatives please send an email to email@example.com to register your interest.