The Building Recovery Subgroup will focus on the recovery of housing, commercial and industrial buildings and other physical infrastructure within affected areas.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Damage assessments of properties
- Building and safety inspections
- Securing damaged properties
- Co-ordination of repair, demolition, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Planning for mitigation of future events during rebuilding of building infrastructure
- Liaison with external agencies including State and Federal Governments regarding affected building infrastructure.
The Building Recovery Subgroup is chaired by Manager Planning & Development Angela O'Mara.
Those seeking to contact the Building Recovery Subgroup can do so by contacting council on 1300 697 372 or by visiting the Recovery Hub.
Building Recovery Fact Sheets and Information
For public health advice for disaster management, including food safety, drinking water quality, cleaning up safely, and asbestos management, please refer to Public health advice for disaster management | Queensland Health where information on the following subjects can be found:
- Air quality in a disaster, including cleaning a smoke affected home
- Asbestos during and after a disaster
- Drinking water during and after a disaster, including water tanks and rainwater harvesting
- Health and safety during and after a disaster, including clean-up and recovery
- Swimming pool safety after a disaster, including restoring bushfire-affected swimming pools and spas