The Southern Downs is a great place for the recreational cyclist, with trails for both mountain bikers and road cyclers.
Clean, crisp country air and a network of quiet scenic routes provides ideal cycling conditions. Cyclists can pass through the historical buildings of Warwick, ride the relatively flat roads to any of the delightful villages throughout the region, enjoy Stanthorpe's spectacular landscapes and cool invigorating climate, and be challenged by the climb to picturesque Queen Mary Falls.
Southern Downs Road Cycling Maps
Looking for some inspiration for your next ride? Road cycling enthusiasts can choose from these local favourites:
Download Map 1 (PDF 113.7KB) for:
- Mapes Road Loop via Junabee Road - 36km
- Mapes Road Loop via Yangan Road - 46km
- Canningvale Road Loop - 17km
- Tannymorel Loop - 62km
Download Map 2 (PDF 99.2KB) for:
- Warwick - Cherrabah and Return - 75km
- Old Stanthorpe Road and Return - 50km
- Warwick - Maryland River Bridge and Return - 118km
- Warwick - Spring Creek Cafe and Return - 104km
Download Map 3 (PDF 86.2KB) for:
- Warwick - Wheatvale Loop - 44km
- Hendon Loop - Extra 12km
- Warwick - Pratten Loop - 69km
- Bony Mountain Loop - Extra 5km
Download Map 4 (PDF 231.6KB) for:
- Warwick - Goomburra Loop - 76km
- Warwick - Clifton - Leyburn Loop - 143km
- Warwick - Victoria Hill Loop - 98km
- Warwick - Clifton Loop - 111km
Download Map 5 (PDF 98.5KB) for:
- Stanthorpe - Bapaume - Glen Aplin and Return - 84km
- Stanthorpe - Ballandean Estates and Return via Mt Tully Road - 71km
Southern Downs Mountain Bike Trails
Mount Marley is just minutes from Stanthorpe's CBD and is a haven for mountain biking enthusiasts. The natural bushland offers a selection of graded trails from easy (green) to difficult (black), with the added adrenaline surge of granite boulders bordering the trails. Check out the trail maps at Trailforks.
Explore Further on Two Wheels
Check out Ride the Great Divide for more trails in our border regions.
Highlights from Round 2 of the Brisbane Camperland Queensland Road Teams Series hosted in wonderful Warwick in the Southern Downs.