Grants to Community
This webpage contains information designed to assist not-for-profit organisations and members of the Southern Downs community in obtaining grant funding through Council for their projects or activities.
As you scroll down this webpage you will locate the following information - in this order.
- Funding rounds - opening and closing dates.
- Links to grant application forms.
- Book & Borrow a Council Banner form.
- Request for a Letter of Support form.
- Resource documents.
- Council sponsorship information.
- Successful Council grant recipient lists.
- External funding opportunities.
Everything an applicant needs to know about Council's Grants to Community can be found in the following Guidelines.
Council encourages all applicants to read the Guidelines prior to completing an application form online.
Council would like to inform prospective grant applicants that “they should not rely on Council as a continual or sole source of income and should actively pursue other avenues of funding to aid in their development of projects.”
Community Grant Guidelines
The confirmed funding round for the 2020/2021 financial year is as follows:
Community Grant (COVID-19 Recovery)
|| For projects taking place between
||Midnight, Tuesday 1 September 2020
||Midnight, Monday 28 September 2020
||1 December 2020 and 31 December 2021
Grant Application Forms
Applications for Grants to Community are made on-line via SmartyGrants and will be available for completion in accordance with the dates each Round opens and closes as noted above.
The red underlined grant names below are links to the application form. Click on the name of the grant you are applying for which will re-direct you to SmartyGrants, where you will complete the application form on-line.
A SmartyGrants Help Guide for Applicants is accessible online at: SmartyGrants - Help Guide for Applicants and the SmartyGrants Frequently Asked Questions may also be of assistance SmartyGrants - Applicant FAQ's. Applicants may telephone SmartyGrants - Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm AEST on (03) 9320 6888 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may also contact Council - Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm on 1300 697 372 (1300 MY SDRC) or via email to email@example.com.
2020-2021 Community Grant (COVID-19 Recovery) - Round One - Application form
Grant Acquittal Form
Funding acquittals are to be completed online via SmartyGrants. The link to the acquittal form will be emailed to each successful applicant and is also available below. Applicants will need to login to their SmartyGrants account to view their acquittal form.
SmartyGrants Acquittal Form
- Successful Grants to Community and RADF recipients are welcome to Book & Borrow a Council Banner to use for their projects. This provides another avenue for the purposes of acknowledging Council's contribution to your project to be included in your Grants to Community Acquittal Form or RADF Project Outcome Report.
Click on the red underlined link below, complete the form and submit it to Council. Please allow a minimum of five (5) working days before collection.
Book & Borrow a Council Banner (PDF 103KB)
- Requests for a Letter of Support from Council, to accompany a grant funding application external to Council, needs to be made by completing the form below and returning it to Council. Please allow five (5) working days for completion.
Request for Letter of Support Form (DOCX 1MB)
- If an organisation is required to be auspiced, it is the responsibility of the applicant being auspiced to ensure that a clear agreement is reached between the parties before applying for funding. This form is to be completed and attached to the grant application in SmartyGrants.
Auspicing Agreement (PDF 38.7KB)
The following resources may be of assistance when completing a Grants to Community application form.
Council no longer provides Sponsorship. Any financial assistance from Council needs to be requested through a Grants to Community grant application - when a round is open.
SUCCESSFUL COUNCIL GRANT RECIPIENTS
EXTERNAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- Australian Council for the Arts
- Search for funding programs offered by the Australia Council for the Arts which is the Australian Government's Arts Funding and Advisory Body
- Community Grant Guru
- A free searchable listing of nation wide grants and funding programs for community based and not-for-profit organisations.
- Funding Centre
- The Funding Centre provides information on grants and fundraising in Australia. Access to a live grants database and other resources is on a subscription basis.