Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Doing Business

Plumbing & Drainage

This section provides general plumbing and drainage information to assist property owners and key stakeholders when planning plumbing and drainage work.

Unless plumbing and drainage work is prescribed as unregulated notifiable work or minor work under the Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 (refer Plumbing - FAQs), it is Regulated Work and requires plumbing and drainage approval through Council.

All regulated plumbing and drainage work is assessed under the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018. Projects that incorporate water supply work, sanitary plumbing and drainage work are assessable under this Act which enables Council to ensure the work is carried out to protect public health and provide protection to Council's infrastructure. 

Regulated and minor work is to be carried out by a licensed plumber and/or drainer and in most cases they will apply for the required approvals.

To check if the plumbing and drainage work is regulated work, contact Council.

Further enquiries regarding building, plumbing and drainage issues should be directed to Council's Planning section by contacting Council.


Related Items

Section Menu