Pets and Animals
Pets are a very important part of our lives, many cat or dog owners will argue that their pet is more than just an animal - they are part of the family. Owning a pet is a great experience for anyone, young or old, however along with this ownership comes responsibility.
Before you add a four-legged member to your family, you need to consider the following:
- Choosing the right breed - different breeds will suit your situation. You need to take into account the size of your property, if you have children, exercise requirements, etc.
- Register your Pet! This is one of the most important steps you need to take. Should your animal escape and be impounded, Council needs your animal to be registered so we can get in contact with you!
- Feed an adequate balanced diet.
- Supply clean cool water at all times.
- Provide a safe dry sleeping area for your pets.
- Dogs require regular exercise from varying degrees, depending on breed.
- A healthy pet is a happy pet! Cats and dogs require vaccinations, regular worm and flea control.
- Confine your pets to your property - wandering animals either cause trouble or can end up injured by traffic or other animals. Any damage your animal causes is ultimately your responsibility!
- If you're not going to breed your pet, have it desexed
Animals Fact Sheets
Click here to read the "Helpful Hints For Dog Owners"
View Impounded Animals