Tighter control measures implemented at Warwick Saleyards
30 March 2020
Following the announcement of stricter public gathering rules last night by the Federal Government, tighter control measures will be implemented at the Warwick Saleyards for Tuesday’s cattle sale and Wednesday’s sheep and lamb sale. These measures will remain in place until further notice.
• The main access gate will be manned throughout the sale and only buyers with a genuine intent to purchase will be admitted. It is highly advised that buyers use their preferred agent or commission buyer for foreseeable purchases if they are wishing to purchase from the saleyards. Each person will have to answer a series of questions and sign a health declaration prior to entering. Persons over 70 years of age and those over 60 considered to be in the vulnerable category are strongly urged not to attend the sale and to self-isolate as per the recent recommendations of the Federal and State Governments.
• All persons attending the Warwick Saleyards will be required to wear disposable gloves. Council will distribute the gloves upon entry to avoid contact with all steel surfaces, double handling of paper etc. Anyone who does not adhere to the protocol will be asked to leave the premises.
• All vehicles will enter via a manned gate to allow Council to record attendee’s details, distribute mandatory disposable gloves and advise of social distancing requirements.
• The canteen operator will supply only take-away meals. No sit down meals will be available.
• There is restricted access to catwalks - only auctioneers and essential staff will be allowed in the catwalk area.
• The weighing process will be slower due to staff shortages and tighter control measures that have been implemented to safeguard our saleyard industry. Council requests the patience of those attending during these changing times.
• The server window will be closed and any reports for agents will be provided through the pigeon holes in order to reduce any unnecessary contact.
• Any persons observed to be unwell or have a cough will be asked to leave.
• Only agents, yard staff and buyers with a genuine intent to purchase will not be allowed entry. All other non-essential persons will not be able to enter the yards.
Social distancing throughout the sale will be continually monitored and strictly enforced by Council staff and local law officers i.e. a minimum of 1.5 metres between each individual.