Control measures increased at Warwick Saleyards
23 March 2020
Due to continuing and increased threat posed by COVID-19, Southern Downs Regional Council will impose the following control measures at the Warwick Saleyards for Tuesday’s cattle sale and Wednesday’s sheep and lamb sale. These measures will remain in place until further notice.
• All persons attending the Warwick Saleyards will be required to wear disposable gloves. Council will distribute the gloves upon entry to avoid contact with all steel surfaces, double handling of paper etc. Anyone who does not adhere to the protocol will be asked to leave the premises.
• The main access gate will be locked and only available to trucks with an Avdata key.
• All other vehicles will enter via a manned gate at the workshop to allow Council to record attendee’s details, distribute mandatory disposable gloves and advise of social distancing requirements.
• The canteen operator will supply only take-away meals. No sit down meals will be available.
• There will be restricted access to cattle catwalks. A total of 23 entry and exit points will be closed to the general public. Council will erect “No Access” signs for each of these points. Only auctioneers will be allowed in the catwalk area.
• The Scale House will likely operate with only one staff member due to confined space. The weighing process will be slower as a result.
• The server window will be closed and any reports for agents will be provided through the pigeon holes in order to reduce any unnecessary contact.
• Any persons observed to be unwell or have a cough will be asked to leave.
• Only buyers, agents and yard staff in attendance will be allowed at saleyards. All other non-essential persons are requested not to attend the sale. Buyers wishing to participate in the sales are encouraged to engage their preferred agent or commission buyer.
Social distancing throughout the sale will be continually monitored by Council staff.