Welcome back happy campers: Washpool Reserve reopens
25 June 2020
The winter school holidays just got more exciting with the Southern Downs Regional Council announcing that the Washpool Reserve campgrounds will reopen tomorrow.
The campgrounds will operate under Stage Two COVID-19 guidelines, which will include the capping of numbers to ensure social distancing rules can be followed.
Councillor for Commercial Services Cynthia McDonald welcomed the reopening and said that now was the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors with the cooler weather.
“The change of season on the Southern Downs offers a totally different experience with some truly beautiful winter foliage and famous picturesque misty mornings,” Cr McDonald said.
“The school holidays are a great opportunity to escape the busy city and head over the range for the fresh mornings and pleasant sunny days.
“Our staff have been working hard in the lead up to the reopening to make the necessary modifications to ensure the Washpool Reserve campgrounds comply with COVID-19 guidelines.”
“We look forward to welcoming local and visitors back to the Washpool Reserve and encourage everyone to follow the rules and practice social distancing.”
The campgrounds will reopen under the following guidelines:
· There will be a minimum of 15m between campsites.
· Contact details of campers will be required for contact tracing purposes.
· Social distancing of 1.5m applies.
· The indoor shower facilities will be closed.
· Outdoor showers will be available for use.
· Wall mounted sanitiser dispensers are being installed.
· The communal facilities will be cleaned regularly.