Let’s get physical again: Stanthorpe Fitness Centre reopens
4 June 2020
The staff at the Stanthorpe Fitness Centre are looking forward to welcoming members through the doors again from Monday 8 June 2020 as social restrictions relax across Queensland.
A Southern Downs Regional Council spokesperson said that new social distancing guidelines had fast-tracked the reopening of the facility and staff had been busy preparing the COVID-19 safety plan.
“Keeping physically fit and healthy goes a long way towards staying mentally fit and healthy and now the Stanthorpe Fitness Centre is open to help keep everyone on track with their exercise routine,” the spokesperson said.
“We have doted the i’s and crossed the t’s in readiness for reopening the centre and we look forward to welcoming back our members on Monday.
“While relaxed social distancing restrictions means we can open, there will be some changes to how we operate to mitigate any COVID-19 risks.”
The following social distancing measures will now apply at the Stanthorpe Fitness Centre:
· Members will need to pre-book for all classes as numbers will be limited. Bookings can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4681 2411 from Friday 5 June between 9am to 3pm.
Yoga: max 15
Step Pump: max 9
Gym Circuit: max
Gym: max 7 (one
hour per person per session)
· Members are advised to bring their own water bottles and towels.
· Members will need to wipe equipment before and after each use with the provided disinfectant and wipes.
· The drinking fountains will not be available.
· The showers will be closed.
· All contact sports are cancelled and no group court bookings are available.
· Anyone entering the centre will be required to provide their contact details.