Applications open: $150k available to drought-affected community organisations
6 April 2021
While our dams are at full urban supply capacity, the region is still reeling from years of drought, and impacted not-for-profit community organisations are invited to apply for a share of $150k available through the Southern Downs Regional Council.
Funded by the Australian Government’s Drought Communities Programme - Extension Grant, eligible organisations could receive up to $5k each to purchase equipment that supports the delivery of community-beneficial activities.
Southern Downs Mayor Vic Pennisi said not-for-profit organisations were vital in sustaining social continuity during challenging times and encouraged these groups to apply for financial assistance through this funding round.
“We are fortunate to have water in our dams and tanks, however Southern Downs is still drought declared and the community continues to recover from years of devastating drought,” Mayor Pennisi said.
“Not-for-profit organisations support their local communities and largely depend on a range of funding options to maintain and upgrade their facilities to deliver socially inclusive activities.
“This funding round will help these community organisations continue to function and will stimulate the regional economy as funding is required to be spent locally.”
The objectives of the Drought Communities Program are to:
- support not-for-profit organisations impacted by the drought
- stimulate the local economy by enabling non-for-profit organisations to purchase from local businesses
- support healthy and socially inclusive activities through the development of sport, recreation and community facilities
- allow not-for-profit organisations to support drought affected residents through events, activities, workshops
- allow not-for-profit organisations to support drought affected residents through financial assistance, resources or business support
Applications close on Sunday 18 April 2021 and can be made through SmartyGrants. Funding guidelines and links to application forms are available at www.sdrc.qld.gov.au.
Funding received through this project grant must be expended by Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Please contact Council’s Community Development Officer on 1300 MY SDRC (1300 697 372) for more information.
This project received grant funding from the Australian Government.