Council approves community minded $42.18m Capital Works Program
22 July 2020
A fiscally responsible and community minded Capital Works Program of $42.18m was handed down today by the Southern Downs Regional Council as part of the 2020/21 Annual Budget.
Works and upgrades topped the program with an allocation of $16.9m while water security remained a budget priority with a spend of $14.1m.
Southern Downs Mayor Vic Pennisi said that even in times of economic recovery, Council would continue to invest in the region for a sustainable future.
“Amid the current challenges and recovery efforts, Council will continue to maintain and deliver infrastructure and services that our community expects and deserves,” Mayor Pennisi said.
“The 2020/21 Budget is responsible and realistic in allocating funds towards key infrastructure projects that build a prosperous and sustainable future for our region.
“Council is conscious that investing in our infrastructure enhances the region’s liveability and attracts business and industry to the area.”
Delivering $42.18m: Capital Works Projects
• $16.9m Works
• $14.1m Water and Sewerage
• $6.5m Waste Management
• $2.5m Parks and Operations
• $2.2m Other General Projects
Capital Projects highlights:
· $435k WIRAC Group Fitness Room
· $250k New Rosecity FM Building
· $275k Maryvale & Leyburn Town Centres Upgrades
· $4.4m Warwick Recycled Water Main Extension
· $2.5m Upgraded Stanthorpe Waste Transfer Station
· $3.1m New Warwick Landfill Cell
· $650k Warwick Saleyards Recycled Water Treatment Plant For The Truck Wash
· $600k Inverramsay Road Widening
· $320k Upper Forest Springs Road Widening
· $254k Allora Water Reservoir Roof Replacement
· $747k Freestone Roadworks
· $235k Dalveen Reservoir Refurbishment
The 2020/21 Annual Budget can be found on Council’s website at www.sdrc.qld.gov.au.
For more information on Council news, visit www.sdrc.qld.gov.au/news. Alternatively, call 1300 MY SDRC (1300 697 372), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the MySDRC app.