Information for New Residents
Are you new to the region or considering moving here? We want to help make settling in to your new community as smooth as possible. A range of information is available for new residents to help you make a tree change to the Southern Downs.
New Residents Kit
Council offers a free New Residents Kit to everyone that relocates to the Southern Downs. The Kit provides real incentives to new residents to shop local, with businesses across the Southern Downs region offering vouchers valued at around $7,000 in total. The Kit includes the following:
- Council’s New Residents Booklet which features a range of important information about your new region including community services, emergency services, rates, recycling, events, contact directory and more
- Redeemable vouchers so you can receive discounts for products and services from a variety of businesses and service providers in the Southern Downs
- A selection of Council merchandise that features important local phone numbers(limited number available)
- Invitations to New Resident Functions, which provide you the opportunity to meet new people and find out more about the region in an informal setting.
Eligibility and how to apply
If you have been living in the Southern Downs for less than 3 months, you are eligible. To claim the Kit, you will need to supply a signed contract of sale or a rental agreement of at least six months or more, along with a photo ID. To access the New Residents Kit, please:
- Complete this five minute survey (you will need to upload digital copies of your documentation); or
- Visit one of Council's Community Contact Centres at 64 Fitzroy St, Warwick or 61 Marsh St, Stanthorpe (you will need to bring copies of your documentation); or
- Ask your Real Estate Agent to process your new Residents Kit application on your behalf.
For more information about moving to the region, please contact Council's Economic Development and Tourism team on 1300 697 372, email email@example.com or visit investsoutherndowns.com.au.