Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Living Here

Gates and Grids

Cattle gridAll gates and grids on Council roads are required to be licensed under Local Law SLL 1.16 - Gates and Grids (PDF 54.5KB).

If you need to install a grid or a gate on a road reserve, you will need to apply for approval.

Once a gate or grid is in place, their maintenance is the responsibility of the the person who has approval for the gate or grid.

Council has records of all licensed gates and grids on Council roads.  

The installation or removal of gates or grids has to be undertaken by a private contractor, Council does not undertake this work.

After removal of a gate or grid the property owner retains ownership of the gate or grid.

Download the application form for Minor Works Within a Road Reserve (PDF 119KB) and submit it to Council with all necessary documentation.


Related Items

Articles Of Interest

  1. Local Laws
Section Menu