Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Living Here

Closing a Road for an Event or Activity

Killarney - Main StreetSome events require a road to be closed on a temporary basis to allow for the activities.

If the road is a Council controlled road, you should make the request in writing stating the following:

  • which road,
  • dates and hours of closure requested,
  • how traffic is to be managed during the closure and
  • attaching letters of support from affected/adjoining property owners.

If the road is State controlled, you need to contact Main Roads Department, Locked Bag 1 Warwick Qld 4370 – phone 07 4661 6333.

To find out whether the road is controlled by State or Council, please contact Council.


Related Items

Section Menu