Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Doing Business

Building a house in a Rural zone

Do I need planning approval to build a house in the Rural zone?

Planning approval is required for a house in the Rural zone if:

  1. There are already two dwellings on the property; or
  2. The lot does not have access to a constructed road, or access from a constructed road granted for a registered access easement; or
  3. The house cannot meet the applicable Acceptable outcomes of the Planning Scheme. 

If your house complies with all items in the checklist available in the associated fact sheet, your house will not require planning approval

It will still need approvals for building works and plumbing and drainage works.  

Please view the Building a house in the Rural zone fact sheet (PDF 654.7KB) for further details on the process.


Related Items

Section Menu