Community Drought Recovery Projects
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY
Southern Downs Regional Council has been allocated funding from the Australian Government through the Drought Communities Programme - Extension Grant to provide financial assistance, for the purchase of equipment, to local not-for-profit organisations that have been impacted by the drought
The objectives of the Drought Communities grant program are to:
- support not-for-profit organisations impacted by the drought;
- stimulate the local economy by enabling non-for-profit organisations to purchase from local businesses;
- support healthy and socially inclusive activities through the development of sport, recreation and community facilities;
- allow not for profit organisations to support drought affected residents through events, activities, workshops.
- allow not for profit organisations to support drought affected residents through financial assistance, resources (including food) or business (primary producers) support
Applicants are invited from not-for-profitorganisations to apply for a one off grant of up to $5,000 for the purchase of equipment for their organisation. Please refer to the guidelines as to what can be purchase.
Applications open: Tuesday 6 April 2021
Applications close: Sunday 18 April 2021
Project completion and final acquittal: Wednesday 30 June 2021
Council understands that this is a short timeframe, however if you have any issues please contact Council's Community Development Officer on 1300 697 372.
Who is eligible to apply?
|Not-for-profit community groups located in the Southern Downs Region providing a service with a broad community benefit.
||Businesses, individuals, for-profit companies and Trusts. Community or Recreational Groups whose sole purpose is for members only. Government Agencies or Departments of Local, State or Federal Government and Statutory Authorities (includes Rural Fire Brigades). Public or Private Educational Institutions (inc. Parents & Citizens and Parents & Friends Associations)
The Grant Guidelines provide information for applicants on how to apply as well as information on what is eligible for expenditure.
Community Drought Program - purchase of equipment Application Form
If you have an enquiry regarding the Community Drought Recovery Projects 2020, please call 1300 MY SDRC (1300 697 372) or email email@example.com.