Doing Business

Commercial Use of Road Reserves

The commercial use of road reserves (i.e. roads and footpaths) within the Southern Downs region is governed by a number of Local Laws:

Subject to a permit being issued by Council under Local Law No. 1, roads and footpaths can be used for:

  • Fundraiser (e.g. cake stall, sausage sizzle, car wash)
  • Display or Information Booth
  • Display of Goods for Sale
  • Footpath Dining
  • Mobile Roadside Vending
  • Stationary Roadside Vending 
  • Musical or Theatrical Performance (e.g. busking)

An application for a permit for use of a road or footpath must be submitted to Council with the appropriate form (Application for Permit for Use of Road/Footpath), details of public liability insurance (a minimum cover of $5 million is required), and the applicable fee (PDF 695.4KB).

Download the Application for Permit for Use of Road/Footpath form. (PDF 256.7KB)

Related Items

Articles Of Interest

  1. Local Laws
Section Menu