Mayoral Leadership Lunch with Steve Moneghetti
31 July 2019
Join Australian sporting legend and inspirational speaker Steve Moneghetti at the Mayoral Leadership Lunch on Thursday 15 August.
As one of Australia’s all-time greatest marathon runners, Moneghetti is an authority on endurance and perseverance.
Speaking at the lunch in Warwick, Moneghetti will inspire with his tips on goal-setting, and draw parallels between the demands of an elite athlete and the business world.
Southern Downs Regional Council Mayor Tracy Dobie said that sporting professionals and the business world shared similar disciplines to survive and succeed.
“Steve will share insights about long-term goal setting, leadership and how to get there in the long run,” said Mayor Dobie.
“Steve’s story is remarkable and I can’t wait to hear more about the determination needed as an elite athlete, and how this can transfer to the corporate world.”
Throughout his sporting career, Moneghetti completed 22 international marathons and finished 11th place or higher in 20 of them.
Moneghetti retired after the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games but is still heavily involved in running within Australia, and today is a sought-after and respected guest speaker. He is currently the Deputy Chair of Sport Australia and a Board member of Commonwealth Games Australia.
Tickets to the Mayoral Leadership Lunch are available at www.warwicktickets.com.au .
• 1986 Commonwealth Games Marathon – Bronze medal
• 1990 Commonwealth Games Marathon - Silver medal
• 1994 Commonwealth Games Marathon - Gold medal
• 1998 Commonwealth Games 10 km track - Bronze medal
• Attended 1988, 1992, 1996 and 2000 Olympic Games finishing in the top ten on three occasions
• Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:15pm for 12:30pm start
• Warwick Town Hall
• Purchase tickets by 12 August at warwicktickets.com.au
• $25pp includes 2 course lunch