Youth Development Officer
Youth Development Officer (Hailey Cosh)
Council's Youth Development Officer (YDO) works with young people and the community to help develop programs and projects to assist young people in the Southern Downs. If you have a project, idea, or need a sounding board, please contact the YDO.
The role of the Youth Development Officer includes:
General information, advice, and referral
- Coordination/Network Development
Community, Social, Personal Development and Support
- Community Education, Engagement and Cultural Group Development
- Identify needs and issues of young people across the Southern Downs and helping to support and create strategies to respond to them.
The YDO supports young people aged 10-25 years, particularly those who are vulnerable or experiencing limited opportunities for participation in the social, cultural or economic life of their community. Through community development and engaging with young people and service providers the YDO identifies gaps or opportunities to improve quality of life for young people across the region.
Programs and Projects
- Southern Downs Young Leaders Program
- Youth workshops, events, and activities
- Youth development and engagement activities
- Focus on collaborative projects and programs with other organisations
Contact Hailey Cosh
1300 My SDRC (1300 697 372)
0428 730 688
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on twitter