Local Businesses Provided With Tools to Win Government Business
4 July 2017
Southern Downs Regional Council is hosting a free forum for local businesses to learn how to win government tenders on Thursday 13 July from 5.00pm – 7.00pm at the Warwick Town Hall.
In this free forum, participants will learn how to master all aspects of a tender document, including creating a company profile (known as a capability statement) and developing an understanding of how to access work from local and state government.
The two hour intensive workshop will be led by representatives from Southern Downs Regional Council and the Queensland Department of State Development who will teach you how to:
- Tailor your company profile to your tender
- Provide examples of relevant past work
- Identify your key selling point and make that clear
- Provide evidence that you have the capacity in your business to take on the work and meet the timelines
- Incorporate key contacts into your organisation
- Highlight previous successful work undertaken for the buyer
- Choose suitable referees
Southern Downs Mayor Tracy Dobie said the free forum is an excellent way for local businesses to grow. “Winning a government tender may mean greater growth and profitability for your business and more employment opportunities for the community. When Southern Downs businesses win government tenders, the whole region and its residents benefit and Southern Downs Regional Council is committed to the success of local businesses.”
Mayor Dobie added: “I encourage all business owners to attend this forum.”
As there are limited places available for the Forum, registration is essential. Visit www.warwicktickets.com.au or phone 07 4661 0455.